Cayman Islands Sotheby’s International Realty
This privacy notice applies to the processing of all personal information carried out by or on behalf of Cayman Islands Sotheby’s International Realty, The company referred to in this notice as “CISIR” and references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Cayman Islands Sotheby’s International Realty.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain to our customers, supplies and other counterparties (“you”) how we collect and use your personal information in connection with our business. “Personal information” means information relating to a living individual who can be identified (directly or indirectly) from that information.
We respect individual’s rights to privacy and the protection of personal information. We endeavour to adhere to and comply with applicable data protection laws, including the Cayman Islands Data Protection Law, 2017.
The information we process
CISIR is a data controller of personal information that we process in connection with our business. We regularly collect and processes personal information provided by or in respect of our customers, suppliers and other counterparties, which may include any or all of the following:
- name, address, email address and other contact details;
- online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and our websites and applications, including for example information provided when you create and login to an online account on our website, Internet Protocol (IP) address, smart device information, searches, site visits and behaviour whilst on our website.
Purposes of processing your information
We collect, handle, process, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing the information and services that you have requested;
- entering into or completing a contract or transaction with you;
- managing and maintaining our relationship with you, including for ongoing customer service;
- communicating with you about our products and services, including sending you notifications, and updates and otherwise marketing to you (unless you ask us not to do this);
- confirming your identity or age to the extent required or appropriate;
- administering, conducting, monitoring and analysing our business, including to enhance and support our operations and service levels, monitor sales data and analyse risks;
- complying with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, codes of practice, guidelines or similar requirements or requests applicable to us.
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we may send you marketing information (including details of our products or services which we believe may be of interest to you), by mail, telephone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication.
How we hold and share your information
We take all reasonable steps to safeguard the physical and electronic security of personal information that we hold, and require that service providers to whom we transfer personal information also take such steps.
Your information may be shared with and processed by other CISIR affiliates for the purposes set out above. We will not share your information with anyone else except:
Strictly necessary cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features. Without these cookies we could not, for example, authenticate your login or remember that you are logged-in as you move through the Service.
Analytics & performances cookies collect information about how the Service is used, for example which pages users visit most often and if any error messages are displayed on certain pages. Information collected using these cookies is used to monitor activity on the Service and understand how it is being used.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Where we have your consent;
- where required to perform the relationship we have with you, for example providing an email with requested information directly to you;
- where required for compliance with applicable law or regulation or a court order or similar requirement;
- with third parties providing services to us, such as IT service providers, auditors, professional advisors and other agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf;
- in anonymised form as part of statistics or other aggregated data shared with third parties; or
- where it is otherwise permitted by law or necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and not inconsistent with the purposes listed above.
We may transfer your personal information to organisations outside of the Cayman Islands, including to countries where data protection laws may be less stringent than they are in the Cayman Islands.
Individuals whose personal information we hold have certain rights including the right to be informed of and access the personal information that we hold about you and the right to require us to cease processing or cease processing for a specified purpose, your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any queries or complaints about how we use your personal information please contact us at 345.623.1234 or by email at email@example.com. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Cayman Islands Ombudsman if you believe your data protection rights are being infringed.
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website.